Wire Work Confidence Workshop- 5 Wire Weaving. 16.02.2022 10am - 1pm
The fifth workshop in the new 1O-part 'Wire Work Confidence' series!
Decorative weaves with 3 or more core wires.
In this 3-hour online workshop, you will learn how to wrap and weave wires together in a beautifully intricate way. there are so many weave patterns to try, this workshop will focus on the very versatile and effect pyramid weave using between 3 and 8 wires together.
Gemma will guide you through the techniques, help you to overcome the pitfalls and leave you confident to experiment with wire wrapping and weaving in wonderful and creative ways.
Gemma will cover how to create:
- Cuff Bangle
- Multi-loop feature necklace bar
- Solitaire ring with woven shank.
To join in on the workshop you will need
- 1mm wire
- 0.8mm wire
- 0.4mm wire (various colours if you would like to alternate, contrast or ombre)
- jewellery findings such as chain, head pins and clasps to finish pieces.
- a selection of beads for the necklace bar and one 6-8mm round with at least 8mm drill hole for the ring.
- basic tool kit comprising of round nose, snipe/flat nose pliers and wire cutters
- a ring mandrel or similar
- bangle mandrel or wire forming pliers would be useful but not essential.
- Access to a device to enter the zoom workshop.
The zoom link will be sent automatically to the e-mail address registered to your payment method upon purchase.