WIRE WORK CONFIDENCE Part 2, week 6- Plaiting and Braiding, 11/05/22, 10am-1pm
This wonderful technique is perfect for creating strong and striking jewellery.
The finished braids or plaits can be used on their own or as bases to work onto. On this workshop you will learn how to create perfectly uniformed multi strand plaits and braids, discover how to use them as bases for cuffs, collars, tiaras and how to use sections to create interesting pendants and connectors. We will also explore the various ways in which you can neatly finish your plaits and braids
Materials you will need:
· 1mm aluminium wire (I highly recommend using aluminium for larger pieces such as collars and cuffs and for mastering the technique of braiding) you will need approximately 10 metres .
· 0.6mm wire
· 0.8mm wire
· Gemstones for embellishment and decoration
· Head pins and findings for finishing designs
Tools and equipment you will need
· A table vice or clamp device
· Masking tape
· Basic tool kit comprising of, flat/chain nose pliers, round nose pliers, wire cutters
· Acrylic/nylon hammer or rawhide hammer or at a minimum nylon jaw pliers.