Under the Sea - Intricate Layered Wire-Work -13.07.2019 - Gloucester
Sponsored by Spoilt Rotten Beads
The Under the Sea Inspiration Day will focus on wire weaving, we will learn how to create layers of woven wire to emulate the movement of the ocean.
Crows Mojo Inspiration days are a fusion of all the things us jewellery makers love, they will combine workshops, demonstrations, learning, fun, socialising, lots of inspiration and ideas, goodies to buy, cake, peer support and 1-1 support and problem solving from your tutor/s.
The aim of the inspiration day is to help you progress your jewellery design skills along with your practical skills and generally boost your creative mojo!
You will start your day by having your senses overwhelmed with sights, sounds, smells and textures that reflect the theme while meeting your comrades for the day.
Once fully submerged and inspired (about an hour or so in) we will begin the day with a guided tutorial in a workshop/demonstartion style, you will then be given 1-1 support to perfect the technique if needed. (additional tutors will be on hand for larger groups)
Before lunch you will be set your challenge and provided with your own sketch book, ample props, prompts, templates and design tools to begin designing your project, again 1-1 and peer support will be on hand.
After Lunch you will go about creating your design with support and help along the way If needed.
At around 4:00 we will begin to photograph your work and complete 360º assessments to help you find your areas of strength and areas for development.
The day will close with big smiles, lots of hugging and no doubt swapping of e-mails with all your newfound friends and colleagues!
- Tuition (additional tutors for classes over 15)
- Materials needed to complete guided tuition (additional materials may be brought along or purchased on the day)
- Sketch book and pencil
- course notes
- Use of specialist or niche tools
Venue will provide
- disabled access
- hearing loop
- Fridge to store own lunch
- Lunch hot or cold food ordered on arrival.
You will need to bring
- Your own basic tool kit (Each day will list specific tools that may be useful in addition)
- Lunch if not purchasing from venue
- An object or image (physical) relating to the theme to add to our inspiration zone (can be taken away at the end of the day)
- Additional gemstones or materials from your stash that you feel work with the theme. (materials also available to purchase on the day.
- A sense of humour and an open mind!