Wire Work Confidence Workshop - 3 Coiling, Cones and Jump-rings. 02.02.2022
The third workshop in the new 1O-part 'Wire Work Confidence' series!
Perfect the art of creating coils and cones and learn how to create your own uniform jump-rings.
In this 3-hour online workshop, you will learn how to create coils and cones that can be used in a countless number of ways in your jewellery designs. whether using coils to bulk up a neck wire, create spaces, or add detail coils are an essential technique to master. after perfecting the coil we will go on to creating cones that can be used to finish multi-strand designs, act as cord ends or bead caps or even to frame a focal bead.
as an addition you will discover how to use your coils to create jump-rings that open and close seemlessly.
Gemma will guide you through the techniques, help you to overcome the pitfalls and leave you confident to incorporate coils and cones into all of your wire-work jewellery projects.
Gemma will cover how to create:
- Cones and bead caps
- Coiled coil beads and connectors
- Spacer Bars
To join in on the workshop you will need
- 1mm wire
- 0.8mm wire
- 0.6mm wire
- jewellery findings such as ear wires and clasps
- a selection of beads (some with at least a 1mm drill hole)
- basic tool kit comprising of round nose, snipe/flat nose pliers and wire cutters
- Bail making pliers (size not too important ideally the six-step plier is best)
- A gizmo tool or coiling tool.
- Access to a device to enter the zoom workshop.
The zoom link will be sent automatically to the e-mail address registered to your payment method upon purchase.