- wire work course part 2
- Viking Knit cabochon setting 26/07/22 6pm - 9pm
Viking Knit cabochon setting 26/07/22 6pm - 9pm
This week we explore the ancient technique of Viking knit a little further and discover how to use the method to bezel around a cabochon.
You will learn how to:
· Create a supporting framework for your Viking knit
· Create evenly spaced starting stitches
· Achieve the right tension in order to securely and centrally hold your cabochon
· Create a simple bail or connection points for your cabochon
Materials you will need:
· 0.8 or 1mm wire
· 0.4mm wire
· 2 Cabochons – I recommend ovals or rounds and no smaller than 35mm diameter/width/height.
· Beads and finding to finish your pieces.
Tools you will need
· Round Nose Pliers
· Chain nose pliers
· Wire cutting pliers