Faux Stained Glass Jewellery Projects -Online Workshop- 05/08/22- 10am - 4pm
Join Gemma Crow and Laura Binding for this exciting instalment of our Ink & Doodle workshop series.
We have worked together to develop new techniques that enable us to get striking stained glass effects using shrink plastic and alcohol inks.
Combining our joint artistic and jewellery making skills to bring you several projects that will evolve throughout the day, including - earrings, pendants, rings, charms.
We will also share techniques of how to finish and protect your pieces and give you many examples of how you can progress from this workshop.
Skill Level - Beginner
Duration - 1 Day (split into two halves 2.5 hours in the morning and 2.5 hours in the afternoon)
Date & Time -
Location - Online Zoom workshop
(Recording of the workshop will be available after the event)
It is important that you have a well-ventilated area to work in
- Clear shrink Plastic (Ideally A4)
- Alcohol Inks
- fine black alcohol ink marker (sharpie or similar)
- Isopropyl 90%
- Copper tape/ aluminium tape
- Jumprings and jewellery findings of your choice
- 0.8mm wire
- Beads for embellishment if desired
- Clear acrylic spray varnish (optional)
Tools and equipment needed
- kitchen towel
- a cool air blower, can be a hand puffer, electric blower or even a straw will work if these can't be obtained
- basic tool kit comprising round nose and chain nose pliers and wire cutters
- Fine paintbrush
- a heatproof surface
- heat gun, embossing gun or standard oven to shrink your plastic