- wire work course part 1
- wire confidence part 1. week 10 - Cabochon setting & bail making, 07.06.22 6pm - 9pm
wire confidence part 1. week 10 - Cabochon setting & bail making, 07.06.22 6pm - 9pm
The Last workshop in the new 1O-part 'Wire Confidence' series!
A simple yet effective way to showcase a beautiful Cabochon gemstone.
In this 3-hour online workshop, you will learn how to successfully cage a cabochon and create a beautiful woven bail to be able to suspend it from a chain or cord.
Gemma will guide you through the techniques, help you to overcome the pitfalls and leave you confident to wrap cabochons of all shapes and sizes.
Gemma will cover how to create:
- A basic cabochon cradle
- Contours or cages that compliment the cabochon markings
- Weave a simple bail
- Decorative wire finishes
To join in on the workshop you will need
- 0.8mm wire
- 0.4mm wire
- A couple of Cabochons (best shapes include rounds, ovals, pears, rectangles, triangles)
- Chain or cord to finish
- basic tool kit comprising of round nose, snipe/flat nose pliers and wire cutters
- Access to a device to enter the zoom workshop.