- Ginkgo Leaf Pendant and Earrings workshop. 10/11/22 - 10am - 1:30pm
Ginkgo Leaf Pendant and Earrings workshop. 10/11/22 - 10am - 1:30pm
Not only beautiful the Ginko Leaf is also full of symbolism. In Japanes art the ginkgo's distinctive fan-shaped leaf represents longevity and profound endurance.
I can think of no better project for us to explore some of the exciting ways in which we can manipulate, form and colour copper.
We will also create our own hand-made ear wires and embellish our ginkgo leaf shapes with gemstone cascades.
To Participate in the workshop you will need
- Metal sheers or saw and bench peg
- Needle files, sanding pads or nail buffing block
- Steel block
- Crosspein hammer or similar chisel head hammer
- solder brick and torch for flame painting.
- Round nose, chain nose and wire cutting pliers.
- 0.4 or 0.5mm copper sheet (approx 4" x 4" minimum)
- 0.8mm copper wire
- 2-3mm gemstones (any shape)
- Featherweight headpins or 0.4mm wire to make your own
- length of copper or rose gold plated chain. (2-3 inches / 8-10 links required)
On booking the workshop you will receive a download via email with instructions on how to join the on-line workshop via zoom.
After the workshop you will also receive a link to the recording so that you can refer back to it any time you need a refresher.