Floral Wire Work Wreath - 2 part Online Workshop - 14 & 16/11.22 - 2pm - 5pm
This gorgeous wirework wreath is a great indoor or outdoor decoration.
The design can be adjusted to suit your own taste or needs and can be embellished with materials such as ribbon, gemstones, flowers or perhaps bells and baubles for a festive twist. The writing can also be adapted and you will receive help and guidance with your chosen wording.
This workshop is spread over two days to allow time for you to create all the elements you would like for your wreath
Day 1 - 14/11/22 2pm - 5pm
Gemma will guide you through creating a structural decorative wreath with wire and how to join and disguise the wire ends.
In this first session, Gemma will also teach you how to create all the floral elements, including, daisies, roses, grasses, tendrils, vines and leaves.
Day 2 - 16/11/22 - 2pm - 5pm
in this session you will be guided through how to write with wire, helping you to problem-solve your chosen wording and some fundamentals to help keep your writing neat and well spaced.
Gemma will then take you through how to join all the elements together, discussing composition and balance as we work to assemble the finished wreath.
- 1mm wire (approx 5 metres)
- 1.25mm wire (approx 10 metres)
- 1.5mm wire ( approx 2 - 3 metres )
- 0.6mm wire (small amount for binding and joining)
- Gemstones/crystals etc for embellishment if desired)
- Basic pliers - chain nose, round nose and wire cutting pliers
- table/bench vice or clamps an advantage (can be done without but much trickier)
- steal block
All details and an invitation to join the workshop will be sent automatically after purchase.
I look forward to creating with you